Monday 9 July 2012

Introduction

In this blog I will attempt to explain MACSec from purely technical angle. The IEEE Standard can be a bit confusing if you do not have through knowledge of MAC architecture and misinterpreted, causing non-productivity.

By no means it is an attempt to replace the reading and thorough understanding of the 802.1AE standard itself. You can use this blog as a resource that attempts to explain and simplify some concepts and overall architecture, as depicted in the standard.

It will be explained step by step over multiple posts, each focused on a specific subject/topic/concept.


I hope to conclude the series in 2 week's time. Given that time frame, I won't be able to produce good quality pics for explaining things. I will use pics to explain concepts wherever required, But those pics will likely be hand drawn.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kishalay,

    Looking forward to an update.

    Thanks,
    Vineeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vineeth,
    I have changed job and got busy with the project commitment. I will definitely get on with the blog, but it may take a couple of months.

    Regards,
    Kish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I will check in later. I am sure there are a good number of people looking for something like this on MacSec.

    Thanks,
    Vineeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kishalay,

    I am interested to learn about MACSec and was hoping to see some more posts. Did you decide to stop this thread?
    Is there any open source implementation of MACSec?

    Thanks,
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kishalay,
    Now i am working in Macsec. can u please help me

    ReplyDelete